|SPEAKERS & WORKSHOPS|
The American Killifish Association was founded in November 1961 and held its first annual national convention in 1962. This year America's oldest national tropical fish organization will hold it's 50th anniversary convention in St. Louis, MO on Memorial Day Weekend May 25th-27th.
Over the next several months, the 2012 Organizing Committee will reveal its plans on a regular basis. We are looking forward to hosting the largest ever competition of killies, present internationally known speakers and have one of the greatest auctions ever!
We hope to see you there!
MARCH 15th: Kurt Zahringer will be conducting a Beginners Walk-through in the Fish Show Room on Saturday at about 5:00 PM. This special program is designed to help new killifish keepers gain a better idea of how the different groups break down, the differences in annual & non-annual Killies and the best starter choices for the beginner.
MARCH 15th: The Convention Committee is planning a collecting trip to the Missouri Ozarks on Monday, May 28th following the convention. The trip will be lead by Dave Hemmerlein, who is an experienced native fish collector and member of NANFA. The Missouri Ozarks has some outstanding darters, Fundulus, and other native fishes.
It is absolutely imperative you pre-purchase a one-day Missouri fishing license prior to the day of the collecting trip. Licenses are available at Walmart in Missouri or online at www.mdc.mo.gov/fishing . The cost is $7.00 for a one day permit.
MARCH 15th: ST. LOUIS, MO - The 2010 AKA National Convention is approaching and itís time to seriously consider getting your registrations in so the committee can have everything ready for you upon arrival.
There is something special about celebrating 50 years of the AKA and we are trying to do everything possible to make this one of the most enjoyable weekends of killifish fun youíve had a chance to participate. Just to start off the weekend, we will have a special program celebrating the people of the AKA who have been a part of this great organization from the very beginning up until today. Following that presentation Friday evening, the doors to the hospitality suite will open and all the food and refreshments will be free for everyone! Come join us in the celebration.
And if that is not enough ... AKA artistic legend Ken McKeighan will be presenting his 50 Years of the AKA mural for everyone to take a long gander and prepare to consider their bid for this one of a kind piece of artwork. The mural will be auctioned off during the weekend.
The Convention Committee wants to hear from you. If you have a great idea to share contact Jack or Tom.
2012 Convention T-Shirt
RESERVE YOUR ROOM NOW BY CALLING: (314) 291-6700
Hotel Rooms are $89.00 per night.
BANQUET SPEAKER: HOLGER HENGSTLER - COLLECTING IN AFRICA
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER: DR. GLEN COLLIER
MIKE HELLWEG: LIVE FOODS
GARY LANG: BLUE EYES - KILLIFISH COUSINS
TONY TERCEIRA & CHARLIE NUNZIATA: COLLECTING NATIVES
THE G1 GANG: FISHROOMS & DAVE'S OCTOPUS
KURT ZAHRINGER: BEGINNERS WALK THROUGH THE FISH SHOW ROOM
THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL PRESENTATION ON THE
"50 YEARS OF THE AKA"
By Tony Terceira. & Charlie Nunziata
THERE WILL BE 17 CLASSES THIS YEAR
1 - All Other New World
2 - Non-Annual Rivulins
3 - South American Annuals
4 - Nothobranchius
5 - Fundulopanchax except Paraphyosemion
6 - Fundulopanchax - Paraphyosemion
7 - Fundulopanchax sjoestedti (Blue Gularis)
8 - Aphyosemion (ogoense, cameronense, striatum)
9 - Aphyosemion (calliurum)
10 - Aphyosemion (Chromaphyosemion)
11 - Callopanchax, Archaphyosemion, Scriptaphyosemion
12 - Aphyosemion (all other varieties)
13 - Epiplatys
14 - All Other Varieties - Old World
15 - Matched Breeding Pairs
16 - Photography: Digital Submissions
17 - Photography: Prints & Slides
DOWNLOAD FISH SHOW ROOM ENTRY FORMS
You may print out as many copies as you need.
FISH SALE ROOM
The document may be filled out manually or electronically in Word by the seller. Bring the filled out form with you to the Fish Sale or (if filled out in Word) send by E-mail no later than May 23, 2012 to;
a. Darlene Weisman sales room manager at Ė email@example.com
b. At the time you bring your items to be placed in the fish sale room you many modify any previously submitted registration sheets. We realize fish die or other unanticipated changes may require changes.
2. The items are to be numbered by the Seller starting with #1. We will track all sale items by seller name and item number. The 2nd page can be used for additional items, if the 1st page is filled. Should a 3rd or 4th page be needed, the 2nd page may be used. At the bottom right corner of each page there is a "Page ___ of ___". Please fill this in with the number of pages you are submitting. (E.g. Page 1 of 1 for only one page or Page 1 of 3 for page one of three pages, etc).
3. The item number, description, sellerís name, contact info, and price need to be marked clearly on the form and corresponding item/bag of fish for sale. All prices must be in whole $ amounts. No change or you will need to change it at the time of registration.
4. The last column on the form "Sold Y/N & Comments" is for the fish sale room staff only to fill in. Comments such as dead in bag might be annotated along with sales status.
5. Allowed sales items include killifish, plants, food, and related fish supplies.
6. If one fish of a pair dies we will sell the remaining fish for half the listed sails price unless you tell the fish room staff otherwise.
7. All remaining sales items must be reclaimed by the seller by following the closing of the sale room or prior arrangements made with the sales room manager. Any items remaining at this time will be considered donations to the AKA and will be placed in the auction on Sunday.
8. Questions can be referred to Darlene Weisman at the E-mail above.
DOWNLOAD THE 2012 FISH SALE ROOM FORMS
You may print out as many copies as you need.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS