The purpose of this award shall be to recognize the hobbyist that is well rounded and devoted to the Killifish hobby.
II FISCAL YEAR
A. This program shall begin on May 1st of the previous year that the award is to be presented, and end on April 30th of the current year.
B. Standings shall be published four times a year in the Business Newsletter of the AKA.
A. This award shall be a traveling award with the previous year's recipient returning it to the committee prior to its presentation at the convention.
B. The award shall be presented at the current year's convention.
C. No individual shall be penalized for failure of a committee to report, as long as they notify the KHY Chairman with sufficient time to verify the participation. Any falsification in participation by an individual hall result in their being disqualified for that award year.
A. The program shall be administered by a member in good standing appointed by the Chairman of the Board of Trustees and approved by the BOT.
1. The chairman must be good at record keeping and maintain up-to-date records
2. The chairman is responsible for contacting any individuals who are in contention for the award to confirm that all their data has been compiled and the records are accurate.
B) The BOT oversight shall oversee all the committees involved in the award process and should remain the oversight of said committees for his/her 3 year term on the BOT.
C) The BOT oversight should make every effort to gain access to the information needed to determine a fair standing to all members.
D) All committee chairs involved in this award should be made known of their responsibilities by the BOT oversight.
The current chairman of the KHY is Kent Russell
V. POINT SYSTEM
Points shall be awarded for the following:
A. Breeders Award Program (KAP)
1. each level achieved in the KAP during the fiscal year shall be worth 20 pts.
2. At the end of each year, the points roll back to zero (0) for the purposes of this award.
B. Species Maintenance Participation
1. Members registering with the SMC and successfully maintaining a species shall receive ten (10) points
2. If said participant supplies the committee with 5 pairs of the species for distribution back into the hobby, they shall receive an additional 20 pts.
C. Species Conservation
1. Members registering with the Killifish Conservation Committee and successfully maintaining a core species for the fiscal year shall receive 10 pts. This shall be verified by a member in good standing or a member of the local club.
2. If the participant supplies the committee with 5 pairs of the core species for distribution back into the hobby, they shall receive 30 pts.
D. Robert Felmey Exhibitor of the Year Award (KEY)
1. Any member showing 6 or more pairs of fish at any affiliate club show (except convention) shall receive 10 pts. All six pairs must score and cannot be disqualified.
2. Any member showing 6 or more pairs of fish at the National Convention shall receive 20 pts. All 6 pairs must score and cannot have been disqualified.
3. Any member awarded Best of Show at the annual convention shall receive an additional 30 pts.
4. Any member winning a special award (e.g. Jubb Award) shall receive an additional 10 pts.
E. JAKA Contribution
1. Any member having an article published in the JAKA during the fiscal year shall receive 20 pts for each article published. Limit of two articles (40 pts) per year.
2. Any member editing or organizing an individual issue of JAKA shall receive 20 points.
F. Service to the AKA
1. Any member chairing an AKA committee in a manner acceptable to the BOT shall receive 20 pts.
2. Any member serving a successful year on the BOT shall receive 20 pts. The member must correspond and have a voting record in such a manner as prescribed in the BOT Procedure Manual.
3. Any member serving under an AKA chairman (e.g.: studbook holder) shall receive 10 pts.
4. Any member successfully chairing/co-chairing the annual convention shall receive 20 pts.
5. This shall be left available for a deserving position if added by the BOT
G. Affiliate Club Member of the Year - Each year the affiliate clubs may submit the name of an individual from their club whom the membership of said club has chosen to represent them as the most outstanding member. Each representative shall receive 20 pts. This must be sent in by the affiliate club liaison and signed by both the AKA Liaison and the Affiliate Club's Chairman/President.
H. Seminars/Lectures for the AKA sanctioned events and Affiliate Club Presentation.
I. AKA Sanctioned Shows - Any member giving a seminar/lecture at an AKA sanctioned show shall receive 10 pts. The seminar must be on the subject of killifish or a related topic, such as live food, collecting, etc. J. Seminars/Lectures for All Species Groups. Any member giving a seminar/lecture to promote the Killifish hobby to a general species club show, meeting, or workshop shall receive 20 pts. This must be verified in writing by the club show chairman or club President/Chairman upon completion of said event.
PAST RECIPIENTS OF THE KILLIFISH HOBBYIST OF THE YEAR AWARD
|1997 Lee Harper
||2005 Charles Nunziata
|1998 Charles Minnemeyer
||2006 Barry Cooper
|1999 Not presented
||2007 Richard Martino
|2000 Ken Normandin
||2008 Marshall Ostrow
|2001 Jim Robinson
||2009 Not awarded
|2002 Ken Lazara
||2010 Tom Grady
|2003 Monty Lehmann
||2011 Not Awarded
| 2004 Brian Watters
||2012 Tony Terceira