There are many AKA affiliated killie clubs serving regional areas throughout the United States. Contact with these clubs is often the best way for newcomers to learn about the killie hobby. The clubs are listed below. Links are provided to club web sites or to an information page. Some of the club pages contain lots of helpful information, so please browse.
Affiliate clubs enjoy the following benefits:
- They are able to advertise their shows in the BNL and on the AKA web site
- Their shows can be AKA-sanctioned, allowing participants to compete for the KEY award
- They can list, as a club, fish and eggs in the BNL or the AKA auction site
- They can host AKA conventions, after approval of a bid
- They can have a web site hosted on the AKA server
- The AKA will provide a copy of JAKA for the club’s library
- The AKA will give a 10% discount on the “offered” price of the AKA publications on
orders of $100 or more. Such orders are to be bought by the affiliate club and sent to a person designated by the club
- The AKA will provide media programs at no charge
Note: it is our policy not to provide addresses or phone numbers of individuals unless permission has been given. Individual clubs are invited to email us with names of a contact person, with address, phone number and/or email link, as preferred. We are willing to mount web pages for individual clubs as well. If you have questions about AKA affiliate clubs, including forming one in your area, contact Mike Jacobs, the Affiliate Club Chairman, and see the Affiliate Club Charter.