Applications for membership, or renewals, are available online using one of the links below. Dues depend on your country of residence. Clicking on the link to online applications will show the dues for each group, US domestic, Canada/Mexico and foreign. Note that due to rising costs we can no longer offer the Business Newsletter in printed form. It will be sent electronically as a PDF to your email address. Payment is via the secure Paypal web site. Following the completion of the application form, including some supplementary information to allow us to serve you better, you will be transferred to the Paypal site. There you can pay from your Paypal account or, if you don't have an account, you can pay there using a credit card. Please ensure that your email address in your profile is current (see link to Manage Profile, at the top of this page.
All membership applications are subject to the approval of the AKA Board of Trustees.
Complete an application online
We also offer an automatic billing service using Paypal's subscription service, under which you will be charged every year when your membership is due. This avoids the problem of remembering when dues need to be paid.
Sign up for a subscription membership
As an alternative, you can complete this PDF form (requires Adobe's free Acrobat Reader). If you wish, you can fill it out on your computer, then print and sign it, or you can print it first, then fill it out. Please mail the form with a check or money order for the appropriate amount, or credit card information, to the membership chairman.
Mail applications to:
823 Park Avenue
Albany, NY 12208
Benefits & Conditions
All members must agree to abide by the AKA Code of Ethics and to be governed by its By-Laws. Annual dues will provide the following:
1. Twelve monthly issues of the Business Newsletter, sent electronically (eBNL).
2. Six bimonthly issues of the Journal of the American Killifish Association with Killie Notes (JAKA-KN), all issues sent Second-Class except where stated.
3. Access to all rights, services and products provided through this organization.
4. Full access to all areas of the AKA website, at www.aka.org. This includes full, rather than limited, access to the online roster, the ability to see areas of the site not available to the general pulbic, including the Members Only forums.
5. New Members receive a new members packet. This includes your user name and password for the web site as well as the printed edition of the Beginners Manual. The latter is an invaluable guide to getting started with killifish and normally sells for $9.
The AKA supports a number of programs that are enjoyed by members. These can be found by clicking on the links on the left side of this page, under AKA Programs. However, perhaps the greatest benefit to membership is the fellowship that it provides. Members enjoy interacting with other members. Although membership in the AKA is not required for attendance, at affiliate club meetings and at the annual convention members find themselves drawn to one another. Members and non-members alike find that AKA members are generally friendly and helpful folk, and that is a good reason for joining the group.
Membership dues are subject to change without notice. Your dues for the coming twelve (12) months must accompany this application, or be authorized as a credit card payment. Payment should be made in U.S. funds and payable to the "American Killifish Association, Inc." Allow a few days for processing.